Single page website designs, or more fancily known as parallax scrolling websites, have been the go-to design choice for many websites over the past few years. And, why not? The design, whose concept is to put all of the content in a long, single page, makes scrolling and browsing a much more convenient experience.
If you happen to be one of those who’s interested about single page website layouts, but aren’t really sure whether it’s the right choice, here are 5 advantages of the design that should convince you that it is:
- The layout gets a lot done with a little text – People these days prefer to get the gist of everything they read. Most really don’t have time to read through paragraph after paragraph, which makes a one-page website layout better suited to today’s audience. By putting multiple paragraphs all in one page, instead of putting a single paragraph on each page across multiple pages, the layout makes a more lasting and beefier impression. Also, by using horizontal background changes to make the transition from one topic to another easier, readers are almost always assured to have a better time scrolling the site.
- Image galore – It’s no secret that the proper utilization of images and videos are key to keeping audiences interested these days. And, it just happens that the one-page design excels in incorporating plenty of images, which helps keep visitors engaged while browsing through the site.
- Scrolling just makes “sense” – Have you ever wondered why Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and many more websites utilize what they refer to as “infinite scrolling” to keep you on their platforms? Well, there’s a reason for that – it just plain works. Since scrolling is pretty much second nature to today’s audience, using a one-page design to take advantage of that fact is a no-brainer.
- It’s great for mobile users – It’s a well-known fact that to get visitors you have to be where they’re at. And, these days, more and more people are accessing the Internet via their mobile phones and other like devices. It’s true that multiple-page website designs can be optimized to cater to the mobile audience. However, because users no longer have to click around on their screens just to find whatever information they need, one-page layouts simply offer a better and more convenient experience for mobile users; all they have to do is scroll down.
- There’s less to manage and maintain – Lots of people want to have a website, it’s just that they don’t like the idea of having to maintain it all the time. And, while single-page websites still need maintenance, there’s just much less to maintain because it’s just a single page. Such websites are pretty much a one-time investment, requiring very minimal effort to maintain once it’s up.
Regardless of whether you’re thinking of getting a website yourself, or you just want to update your layout, it will definitely be to your benefit to at least consider getting a single page website design.
For more information contact Jelly Websites at 951-371-9327 or visit our website at www.jellywebsite.com.